These, except for an online version of It Could Have Happened Like This, and Manoomin, are unpublished and I reserve copyright.
I wrote as a lawyer, fundraiser, report-maker and supervisor daily for decades. And a couple of articles, fact sheets, brochures and the like. (A family member recently found me credited in a manual with information on the rights of Minnesota teens to obtain medical care. I think that law is mainly unchanged; I hope so, since my last youth law work was in the mid-'90s.) Some great rewards from that work that I'll have to write about some day.
But it was not until 2001 that I began to write creatively, just a little therapy piece of 40 pages, after troubles and beauty in Paris.
Then I was invited to our friend Betty's 80th birthday with the charge to all being - "Only presents allowed are poetry." And somehow, very quickly, It Could Have Happened Like This happened. Betty loved it.
Soon thereafter, I took a cure for the winter blahs we suffer in Minnesota - a poetry class at The Loft Literary Center, of all things. I've got other poetic creations, often the result of Loft classes, that may resurface for posting. My most recent class on travel writing was fun and in 2018 I've started writing about music.
I wrote as a lawyer, fundraiser, report-maker and supervisor daily for decades. And a couple of articles, fact sheets, brochures and the like. (A family member recently found me credited in a manual with information on the rights of Minnesota teens to obtain medical care. I think that law is mainly unchanged; I hope so, since my last youth law work was in the mid-'90s.) Some great rewards from that work that I'll have to write about some day.
But it was not until 2001 that I began to write creatively, just a little therapy piece of 40 pages, after troubles and beauty in Paris.
Then I was invited to our friend Betty's 80th birthday with the charge to all being - "Only presents allowed are poetry." And somehow, very quickly, It Could Have Happened Like This happened. Betty loved it.
Soon thereafter, I took a cure for the winter blahs we suffer in Minnesota - a poetry class at The Loft Literary Center, of all things. I've got other poetic creations, often the result of Loft classes, that may resurface for posting. My most recent class on travel writing was fun and in 2018 I've started writing about music.
Comments
Post a Comment